Local Events and Festivals
Barra de Navidad and Mexico have many Events and Festivals year round that are exciting and open to most everyone! We have listed as many of those dates as possible to make planning your trip easier, especially if you want to come and enjoy a specific festival!
February and November
- International fishing tournament – Dates vary year to year. If you are interested – just ask us!
Lent Carnival Festivals
- 40 days before Easter Varies year to year – Catholic observances and local events including a parade, election of Festival King and Queen, parties and lots of noise!
Semana Santa – Easter Holidays
- Holy week – Good Friday and Easter Sunday
January – February
- January 1 Año Nuevo – New Year’s Day.
- January 6 – Día de los Santos Reye
- January 17 – Feast Day of de San Antonio de Abad
- February 24 – Flag Day
- Saint Patrick’s Day – Two week celebration centered in nearby Melaque. In addition to rosaries, fireworks shows, food fairs, and other celebrations, you may also witness a running of the bulls, late-night rodeos, and dance performances.
May - July
- May 1 – Primero de Mayo – Labor Day
- May 5 – Cinco de Mayo – Not a big day in Mexico, but there are events, more because of the tourist trade than local interest.
- May 10 – Mother’s Day
- July 5-13th — San Antonio De Padua
August - September
- August 30-September 1st — Cristo De Los Brazos Caidos - Festivities include rosaries, fireworks shows, food fairs, and other celebrations.
- September 15 – Dia de la Independencia, Mexico’s Independence Day. One of the biggest national holidays
- November 1 – Dia de los Muertos – Local remembrances of the dead that start on the night of November 1st and continue into the next day
- November 20 – Celebration of the Mexican Revolution
- December 12 – Día de Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe – Starting 9 days ahead of this date there are a series of posadas and ceremonies in pueblos throughout Mexico
- December 25 – Christmas Day
- The House
- Photo Gallery
- Info For Visitors
- Things To Do
Copyright 2019 - Casa Oasis Mexico